Monday, March 30, 2009

Getting back in the game

I went silent for most of 2008, not because of lack of fly fishing, just a bit lazy keeping my blog up to date. This year, I pledge to keep it fresh!

Looking back, 2008 was not a total bust, although it was generally very tough fishing, consistent w/ many of the discussion groups that I follow. I fished a lot; caught some, but nothing notable. I fished consistently on the Vineyard through the summer. Surprisingly and maybe just bad timing, I never lit it up on Lobsterville. Coops definitely talked a big game there, but I considered it a disappointment. Interestingly, I had a lot of luck in early mornings (in the kayak and on shore) at State Beach, crusing up and down the shore, in mid-August! In the fall, I spent most of the time in the kayak, off of Manchester by Sea. I had some luck and a lot of frustration, when I'd sometimes in the middle of a blitz and unable to have them take any fly. The fall migratory blitzes didn't last long, though.

Here's to a better 2009! I'm confident that I'll make up for a mediocre 2008, especially in the blogging department.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home