Thursday, August 16, 2007

Tuesday, August 14, 2007 on MV

I went out on a guided boat to the shoals between MV and Nantucket.

The first shoal that we fished only produced a couple of strikes (and landings). We stayed for about a half an hour before the guide decided to move on to the next shoal. Good thing that we did! The next shoal was loaded w/ bluefish. In every wave that was breaking on the shoal, you could see eight or more darting bluefish. And that's only the fish that you could see and there were waves breaking all around the shoals. We literally caught a bluefish every cast for three and a half hours. There were so few casts where we did not hook up that the misses were insignificant. All of the fish were in the 5-7 lb range, with a few bigger (and smaller) ones. I was hauling them in on spin tackle and a fly road (I switched to spin tackle once in a while only because the person I was with had to come to my side of the boat to land the fish). In total, the person I was with and I caught approximately 80 blues. Unbelievable!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home